1 What is “personal information”?
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
2 What information do we collect?
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the website and the services provided by The Detailed Nest. The personal information which The Detailed Nest collects and holds about you may include:
Email addresses, payment and/or credit card details, addresses, contact phone numbers, photographs of premises
3 How we collect your personal information
- We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the website, information provided during course of consultation or otherwise delivered by the client to The Detailed Nest.
4 Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service and services experience possible on the website.
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the business.
- By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from use. At The Detailed Nest we do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
5 Access and correction
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact Paula Tahhan at email@example.com or 0412 672 032.
6 Complaint procedure
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by our privacy officer, Paula Tahhan and The Detailed Nest may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
7 How to contact us about privacy
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0412 672 032.